Location: Houses of Parliament
Hours: Monday – Friday / 32 hours per week
Salary: National Minimum Wage (£7.00 p/h)
This 12 month apprenticeship scheme combines ‘on the job’ training, working for Matthew Hancock MP in his parliamentary office, with a formal qualification in Business & Administration.
Successful candidates will work in an Apprentice office assistant role. Once a fortnight you will take part in workshops and carry out your study towards an NVQ Level 3 Business & Administration qualification.
To play an important support role within a parliamentary office. Completing a course of study and obtaining work related professional qualifications. We are looking for an apprentice with a keen interest in politics. The successful candidate will display a can-do attitude.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Answering telephone calls and dealing with routine enquiries
- Responding to basic constituent queries
- Opening and distributing mail
- Creating and maintaining information on systems and databases
- General administrative duties including typing, filing, emailing and scanning
- Conducting research on a wide range of issues
- Managing social media
- Additional projects as required
- Assisting with campaigns
Required abilities and experience:
- Understand the office’s objectives and targets
- Understand the values of The Conservative Party
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail, spelling and grammar with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Must have strong initiative and excellent organisational skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, email and internet
- GCSE Maths and English at grade A*-C (GCSE certificates will be required)
- Previous experience in an administrator role is desirable but not necessary
- GCSE ICT at A*-C desirable but not necessary
NB – candidates with a degree/level 4 qualification are NOT eligible for this position.
Wednesday 24th September at 5pm
Interviews will take place in the week beginning 29th September.
Week beginning 6th October
How to apply:
Email CV and covering letter to Simon Bunney at email@example.com. In your covering letter please answer the following questions:
In your covering letter please answer the following questions:
- What are your strengths? (eg Team working, organising etc)
- Why are you a good addition to an MP’s office?
- What sort of issues do you think people write into their MP’s about?
- Is there anything we can do to help you at an interview? (eg do you need a signer, information in Braille etc)
- What are your interests and achievements?
- What interests you about working for an MP? (maximum 250 words)
- What are your future career aspirations? (maximum 250 words)
If you have any questions about the role please contact Simon Bunney on 020 7845 5835.