Location: Houses of Parliament
Hours: Monday – Friday / 32 hours per week
Salary: £9.15 p/h
This 12 month apprenticeship scheme combines ‘on the job’ training, working in Sajid Javid’s parliamentary office, with a formal qualification in Business & Administration.
Successful candidates will work in an office assistant role. Once a fortnight you will take part in workshops and carry out your study towards an NVQ Level 3 Business & Administration qualification.
To play an important support role within Sajid Javid’s parliamentary office. Completing a course of study and obtaining work related professional qualifications. We are looking for Parliamentary Apprentices with a keen interest in politics and a can-do attitude.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Answering telephone calls and dealing with routine enquiries
- Responding to basic constituent queries
- Opening and distributing mail
- Creating and maintaining information on systems and databases
- General administrative duties including typing, filing, emailing and scanning
- Conducting research on a wide range of issues
- Managing social media
- Additional projects as required
- Assisting with campaigns
- Maintaining press/media databases
Required abilities and experience:
• Strong written English is essential.
• Understand the office’s objectives and targets
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task
• Excellent attention to detail, spelling and grammar with a high level of accuracy
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Must have strong initiative and excellent organisational skills
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, email and internet
• GCSE Maths and English at grade A*-C (GCSE certificates will be required)
• Previous experience in an administrator role is desirable but not necessary
• GCSE ICT at A*-C desirable but not necessary.
Monday 22nd June at midday
Interviews will take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
Week beginning Monday 6th July
How to apply:
Email CV and covering letter to Simon Bunney at email@example.com. In your covering letter please answer the following questions:
In your covering letter please answer the following questions:
- What are your strengths? (eg Team working, organising etc)
- Why are you a good addition to an MP’s office?
- What sort of issues do you think people write into their MP’s about?
- Is there anything we can do to help you at an interview? (eg do you need a signer, information in Braille etc)
- What are your interests and achievements?
- What interests you about working for Sajid Javid MP? (maximum 250 words)
- What are your future career aspirations? (maximum 250 words)
If you have any questions about the role please contact Simon Bunney on 020 7845 5834.