Hours: Monday to Friday / 32 hours per week
Salary: £9.40 London Living Wage 32 hours per week
This 12 month apprenticeship scheme combines ‘on the job’ training, working for Mark Prisk MP in his parliamentary office, with a formal qualification in Business & Administration.
Successful candidates will work in an office assistant role. Once a fortnight you will take part in workshops and carry out your study towards an NVQ Level 3 Business & Administration qualification.
To play an important support role within the MP’s parliamentary office. Completing a course of study and obtaining work related professional qualifications. We are looking for a Parliamentary Apprentice with a keen interest in politics and a can-do attitude.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Dealing with all types of correspondence
- Handling telephone enquiries
- Creating and maintaining information on systems and databases in accordance with data protection laws
- Conducting research on a wide range of issues
- Responding to basic constituent queries
- Assisting with casework
Required abilities and experience:
- Understand the office’s objectives and targets
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail, spelling and grammar with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Must have strong initiative and excellent organisational skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, email and internet
- GCSE Maths and English at grade A*-C (GCSE certificates will be required).
- GCSE ICT at A*-C desirable but not necessary.
NB – candidates with a degree/level 4 qualification are NOT eligible for this position.
Closing Date: Wednesday 9th November
Interviews will take place in the week beginning 14th November
How to apply:
Please email a CV and covering letter to Simon Bunney at email@example.com. In your covering letter please answer the following questions:
- What are your strengths? (eg Team working, organising etc)
- Why are you a good addition to an MP’s office?
- What sort of issues do you think people write into their MPs about?
- Is there anything we can do to help you at an interview? (eg do you need a signer, information in Braille etc)
- What are your interests and achievements?
- What interests you about working for an MP? (maximum 250 words)
- What are your future career aspirations? (maximum 250 words)
If you have any questions about the role please contact Simon Bunney on 020 7845 5835.